Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sometimes life throws you a curve and then suddenly your whole world is turned upside down. Today has been one of those kind of days. I am reminded that it is during your darkest hours, Christ is right by your side.
Many years ago, I experienced the darkest depths of despair I have ever known. In my despair, I cried out to God, "Lord, I will not let You go until You bless me." I have been a Christian all my life, but I didn't really "know" Christ. It was all I could do to muster enough faith and strength just to hold on to Him. I decided that I was going to leave my situation in His hands no matter the outcome, (and let me just say that even though I cannot reveal the situation here, it was a VERY grim one). Nothing I tried had seen success, the situation was not in my favor, all appeared ready for disaster. Christ was my only hope. I watched as if everything was happening in slow motion. My breath seemed to be unnaturally suspended, waiting for an outcome that would change lives. It was during this time, Christ stepped in and He worked a miracle! What an awesome feeling it is when you come to the realization that circumstances have been miraculously changed for you! Praise God He intervened at just the right time. He chose that precise moment to intervene to allow me to see that circumstances changed not because of anything I had done, but because of everything He had done.

Whatever the outcome of today's events, I know that God will work things out for His glory and for our benefit.

Ann