Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

When I was little, we lived on a farm in Wisconsin. Our home was over 100 years old with wood stoves on either end of the house to keep it warm in the winter. During those winter months when Dad couldn't work the fields he would take up trucking. He would be gone for a couple of weeks at a time and it was SO hard to see him go! I was, still am, a Daddy's girl. After I would kiss him goodbye, I would run upstairs and look out my bedroom window watching him disappear into the distance. Tears would be running down my cheeks and that is when I would start looking forward to seeing that big eighteen wheeler pull up into our driveway again. My Daddy always made me feel safe and loved. If I was scared I would slip my little hand into his big, strong one, and he would give it a squeeze and I knew that I was safe. It's funny, I still feel better when I hold my Dad's hand. I love him very much and even though today the world celebrates fathers everywhere, everyday for me is Father's Day. I LOVE you Dad!!!

Anne