Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Life as I Know It

Ok, so I haven't written anything here lately. I've not been well. Between my back injury and my muscle disease, most days are hard for me. I've noticed lately that if I use my upper arms for any length of time, they start to hurt and then they just give out. Like now for instance, just typing. My whole body aches. My legs are starting to give out as well.  I've also had some problems with an irregular heart beat. I get short of breath and have some swelling in my ankles and feet.

As a former cardiac nurse, I know that these symptoms are not good, and it is a little daunting to face when your still relatively young (early 40's) and have children and a husband to take care of. But, you know what I think? Even though I get a little scared, tired, and just plain worn out, I am determined to praise God for the blessings He gives. There is a song on a CD of my daughter's that I love because of the message of hope and thanksgiving. I think the song is called "I Bless Your Name" by SELAH. It talks about the chains of your life and blessing and praising God even though you are "bound" by the chains. When you start praising God, the chains fall off. What a wonderful testimony to the power of a merciful Saviour!

I've had quite a few "chains". My husband and I both. Due to the fact that I haven't been able to work for the past three years, our home has gone into foreclosure. We've prayed, thanked God for His blessings, cried a little, and then determined to praise Him and leave it in His more than capable hands. Shortly after our prayer together (a few days), my husband was told that we qualify for a modification. That means that if we can make the payments on our home, we won't lose it. Thank you Jesus!!!!!

So, is there anything that is troubling you? I challenge you to praise God and let Him work for you. He promises that He will never leave us or forsake us. Some of you may ask, "what if your home had gone into foreclosure and you lost it"? Well, God could have chosen to allow us to go through that. But, if we had, we would have chosen to praise Him and trust in Him. His love knows no bounds. I believe that as long as I am in the will of my Heavenly Father, that is the best place to be. It may not always be easy, but it will always be for our good. Some things we won't be able to see and understand until we get to heaven. In the meantime keep praising God!

Anne