Monday, January 24, 2011

An Important Message

"Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:1,2

I underline God's promises to us in green. The first verse of Isaiah 59 is one of the verses that helped me through a very rough time in my life. God cares, for His children. But their are limitations to His helping us. Do you want to know what those limitations are? I'll tell you. Anytime we disobey the will of God, it limits Him. Anytime we think our way is better than His, it limits Him. When we don't BELIEVE what He says, it limits Him.  God stands ready. He is eager to help us when we need Him, but if we turn our backs on Him; we are saying, "No God, I don't need your help. I can do this on my own."  Doing it "your way" always leads to disaster......trust me, I know from experience. But there is good news. Christ is our Intercessor. Whe we ask Him for forgiveness He promises that He will hear us and answer us. We NEED A FIRM GRASP upon the Saviour. We must not let Him go...